Empties Vol. 1: Omurice & Bun Cha

This is a series I've been wanting to do since, Idk. 2019? I've been keeping an album in my phone gallery called "Empties", where I stash the before and after of various glorious foods I've eaten. Its original state when it's presented and served, and the state of absolute obliteration when I inhale its contents through my gullet, into my growing belly*.

*As in, food and fats. No baby**.

**For now...at least.

And of course, given how thess dishes are completely wiped out, you can be sure of their deliciousness and how much I recommend them.

Biseryu Japanese Cuisine at Far East Plaza


Cream sauce omurice ($18)


Hakata black curry rice with pork loin cutlet ($19)

Don't let the not-so-aesthetic plating fool you...the food here is BOMB dot com and super duper filling. Hearty portions, fantastic taste, and price point is very decent. I think they're on Burpple Beyond so def get on that if that's your thing!! 1-for-1 on the already affordable* prices is no joke.

*Relative to restaurant prices in town.

Address: 14 Scotts Road, #02-58/59 Far East Plaza, Singapore 228213
Opening hours: Wed-Mon 11am-10pm (Closed on Tues)
Biseryu Japanese Cuisine website

Cô Hai Bánh Mì at Beach Road

I'm not such a big fan of pho, or soup noodles in general. Dry noodles (or bun cha) are always my order of choice whenever I hit up a Vietnamese eatery. And this pork vermicelli combo ($10) from Cô Hai Bánh Mì slaps like nobody's business. Meat portions were generous and the variety is delightful. I'm craving some right now, goddamnit.

Plus point: The eatery charges nett prices with no service charge, despite there being service. WE STAN!!

Address: 359 Beach Road, Singapore 199575
Opening hours: Mon-Sat 11am-9.30pm (Closed on Sun)
Cô Hai Bánh Mì website

Bonus: Ra and I enjoying our Vietnamese delicacies at Cô Hai Bánh Mì~

They have a lot of cute kitschy decor all throughout the restaurant hehehe


Comments